What to bring to WordCamp:
Have you ever been to a wordcamp, podcamp, pubcamp, tweet-up, conference, un-conference or other social media event? Then you know what to do however, if you’re new to these types of events here is a short list to as a reminder to help you be prepared. Please add to this list to fit your style and needs.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Laptop Computer.
- Video Camera.
- Smart Phone.
- Audio Recorder.
- Other recording devices.
- A way to take notes: Perhaps this is your laptop or a note book. Or go old school and bring a pen.
- Charging cords, power supplies and extra batteries.
- Easy way to make friends, bring a power strip and share some electric juice.
- Bring a backpack or some easy way to carry your and organize you gear.
- Business cards: You’re probably going to be meeting some interesting new people. Make it easy for them to keep in touch.
- Copy of the event agenda and other reference information.
- Are you into social media, Tweet, Post to Facebook and Google+. Blog about the event, It’s fun to share information and a way to take short notes.
- For Twitter don’t forget to use the event hash tag. If you don’t know what the hash tag is, ask someone at the event.
- You may want to bring some Tylenol just in case.
- Stay hydrated and take care of yourself.
- Bring a smile, good attitude and be ready to have FUN!
What to do the night before the event:
- Charge all you batteries.
- Get a good nights rest. There will be a lot of very interesting content being shared be ready to learn and share.
- Are you presenting: Make sure you have all of your materials ready.
If you have other ideas please add to this list.